On my way to Heidelberg from Cologne

I am on the train now to Heidelberg right now. The weather there supposedly as mention in the weather forecast should be pretty warm at about 32 degrees, That’s basically similar to Singapore. Wonder if it will feel as warm.

Spend yesterday at Cologne, arriving slightly late. First was the train delay, then I couldn’t locate how to go up to the apartment that I was staying in. After I managed to find the place, my energy was already half depleted. Ended up doing more things at Hans’s, washing of clothes and then wash up for myself, had a cup of milk and continue venturing out in the pretty city. Well, the first thing that caught my eyes was the Cathedral. I couldn’t wait to go over and see the architecture for myself. The guy on the train told me that I should go in for a service and feel the catholic atmosphere inside.

My first stop was the Koeln Triangle. The view from above was breathtaking. (I feel its better than the infinity pool in MBS). Every angle and every view was so pretty and amazing. That cost 3 EUR. I then walk towards the Hohenzollern Bridge. It is just beside the Koeln Triangle. The bridge was like a love bridge, many people locked their love there, the bridge had so many on them. Then of course, after walking through the bridge and enjoying the Rhine River, it leads me to Cologne Cathedral (Dom). The photos will never do the Cathedral any justice. As the building has been around for very long, it was starting to wear off but still look really good. I went into the Cathedral and the organ was filling up the entire place. I had goose bumps the moment I step into the Cathedral. Stayed inside for a little bit to soak up the atmosphere.

Then went to see Gross St Martin and the old town. However, due to time limitation, my final stop at the Praetorium was being cancel as it is already close by the time I want to go visit the Roman ruins. Such a disappointment. Then walked around and met Hans back at his place. He is a really smart guy. Like wayyyyy too smart, currently studying for his 3rd degree. With a Ph.d under his belt working as a scientist for neurology. Even his girlfriend was working as a scientist but in an different city. We exchange much information and went out for dinner at 9.30pm.

I finally had my first proper meal and it was selected by them. Ate at a Mexican café/bar and had warm food. I miss warm food.  So we shared the platter and had beer. Chatted so much, laughed and talk and finally head back to rest at about 11.30pm.

Koln is not as big as Berlin, but I can feel that in Cologne, things are a little slower and being done in a different manner. Even the people on the streets provide a different vibe.


Oh, and Hans told me that Heidelberg is a very romantic city. So hopefully I will fall in with love with the city. 




Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment