Tasmania - 2nd July to 5th July 2016

Tasmaniaaaaaaaa. I had zero expectation of Tasmania as the reviews I have received back then was 'it is boring'. But nevertheless, the lower your expectation, the better it gets. But our main objective of the trip was to catch some southern lights and sea sparkles. 


So bun and I decided to flew in to Tassie very early and start our day early and by the end of day, bun just drop dead on the bed. He was the driver for the entire trip. 

Day 1, 2nd July 2016. 

We flew a plane from Melb to Launceston for about 2 hours, and of course, he suffered in the plane. It was small and uncomfy. Well, the car was pretty good. I think we had fully utilised the car. After we pick up the car, we drove down to Freycinet National Park and took a look at the wineglass bay. So, at that point in time before we started our hike up for wineglass bay, I decided that the weather is pretty similar to melb and it wasn't that cold. So I started removing the heat tech off before hiking. It was a short hike but with lots of rocky stairs. Bun tried being a monkey climbing here and there. 











So while we were climbing down, my butter feet decides to give way and I injured my knee. So our next stop was to look for a pharmacy instead of following with the plan. 

So, very fortunately on the way to Richmond, my eagle eyes spotted a pharmacy. We went in and thank goodness the shop was still open although the shop was supposedly closed. The very very very nice pharmacist. Probably the best I have met so far, help me out with the bandage of my wound and only charge me for the cost of the plaster. Was really thankful and grateful to her. 

So the pain wear off after the bacteria were all killed. :D So we continue our journey to Richmond for the famous scallop pies that Bun's dad has been talking about. Luckily it was on the way to Hobart or I will have been pretty upset. The pie wasn't as spectacular as I thought it would be. Like I mention earlier, the lower your expectation, the better things are. So, I over-estimated and regretted. 




We book our little cabin at Judith's through Airbnb. It is by far, the best Airbnb place/room/apartment I have ever stayed in. It has everything you need, you can literally stay inside the whole day and do nothing. (which was what we did for one day; that was how good the room was). Well, pictures and words cannot describe how awesome it was. If I am ever back in Tasmania, I will def go for this again. 






Day 2 

After a tiring day, we set off to the Tasman Peninsula. We wanted to do a hike. But due to the season, the night falls pretty early and hence, we decided to just go to places like the devil's kitchen to take a look. Will def do a hike next time if I get to go to Tasmania again. 






Day 3

We took a break from the road trip and decided to just stay indoors to walk shows as the weather was really bad. It rained the whole day. We then decided to head to mures deck for dinner. 



Day 4

Tahune Airwalk, it was quite a drive to the airwalk but pretty fun to be walking on the structure with no support at the bottom. So it was pretty shaky while we were walking. But as the weather was bad, my shoes got muddy as well.. As usual. We took a short walk as well over two hanging bridges before decided to head back to Hobart. 








In my honest opinion, I think Tasmania is really nice to go to if you like driving/ road trips. But do take note of the many road kills and the dark road at night. But I will not recommend to go in winter. The weather isn't at its best and it's drizzling/ raining most of the days we were there. Gotta pick a better season. 

Have uploaded a video on the trip to Melb-Tas in another post. Think pictures/video speak better than words. 


Till next time to melb and New Zealand (South Island) next ! :) 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment