Heidelberg

Hello. I am currently on the train from Heidelberg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber. It is going to be a super tiring transfer from one to another as I have to do 3 transfers today. The train gap is getting bigger and bigger and it’s really crazy. Although my luggage is getting lighter VERY GRADUALLY, it is still of some weight, and lucky for me, I met many nice people on the way up and down the train to help me carry my heavy stuff. Really thank them for their kindness. Well, I actually made reservation on the seats, but never got around sitting on them. There is always people occupying my seats.

Together with the fact that the weather in Germany is getting warmer and warmer, things aren’t as chilly as it was back them a few days ago in Berlin. But nevertheless, I will never regret going to Heidelberg. It is so beautiful. It’s a small town with nice people and good food. Not even joking about that. The old town was so nice, although there are brands everywhere on both sides of the streets, it is still easy to manage my way around and practically did everything that I wish to within a short frame of time.








I stayed at this hostel call Steffi’s hostel, and it was really safe and close to the main train station. High recommend this hostel. (Right now, I am really trying to concentrate typing this as there are like 5 kids coming together making a hell lot of noise.)

And so, I went to the old town and felt so much like home, then saw Church of the Holy Ghost and the University Library there. Then walked around the Universitat area, then took the Konigstuhl Funicular up to see the Heidelberg Castle (Schloss Heidelberg) and then up the mountain to see another beautiful view scenery of Heidelberg. It was really nice, except for the weather there. It was about 32 degrees over there and it drain my energy so fast. Got tired really quickly, then went to see the Alte Brucke. It looks amazing on pictures, but really, its just a bridge. Maybe it is because I have went to cologne and saw the another bridge already so didn’t really feel much from it. Then I went to had my first gelato ice cream and was the best ever, first was the weather then came the tiredness and hungry stomach. I savour the ice cream bit by bit then went to this restauarant/ bar call Schnitzelbank. The food there was wayyyy beyond my expectation. Met a Taiwanese girl there who was doing solo travelling too at the bar and decided to chat and so, sat together and chatted for so many hours and had forgotten all about the time.

I am so jealous of her. She went to the UK and saw everything about Harry Potter, (found out that we are both super big fans of Harry Potter). But she mention that things in London is really expensive as compared to Germany. She found Germany so much more manageable. It was such a pity that we had to go separate ways after that night. But we have mention to visit one another in our own country back home in the future.

Well, a special thanks to the owner of Schnitzelbank. He mention that he has reservations at 7 and would require us to leave, then push it to 8pm but never got around chasing us away. Really really thankful. He made sure that the food were of standard and to our liking. Keep coming to check with us if we are ok. Best service that I have received so far. :D





I started off this trip not knowing what I will gain out of it, especially when I am a girl travelling alone. But I have truly learn a lot just in these 5 days. I felt that I have grown so much and became so much more independent. I realised how nice people can be and how ugly the world is too. But people are generally nice if you are nice to them. People reciprocate. It’s really karma. I have made many new friends along the way, and really glad that I did. Slowly, I feel that I am starting to have friends all over the world. It’s really awesome. Words cannot describe how good life has been to me.

Omg, the kids and their mum and made the wagon in the train so dirty. The mother is drinking from the liquor bottle with the kids around. They don’t even stop their kids from making noise and leave them as they are, disturbing everyone in the wagon.


As for now, can’t wait to go see Rothenburg, where Pinocchio is being inspired. :D 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment