Vienna and first week in Budapest

I haven't post for a long time. This post will be about Vienna and also my first week in CP.

Vienna was very different from the other cities, it is closer to home. The structure and how everything looks like. There was also asian food. Everyone was so happy with the asian food existence.

We stayed at this hotel call Hotel Congress. It was pretty goodt, other than the fact that it is beside the road, which is very noisy and also the weather. Otherwise, it is not too bad for the price. It is just opposite of the main train station which was the best thing ever as our luggages are mad ass heavy.

As we were there over the weekends, shops are closed on Sunday, which bring us to very little time in Vienna. But, we get to catch the Mozart Concert Orchestra which was good. No regrets going. I think the show would be much better if the people in the front row in front of us weren't talking, eating and continuously taking pictures, constantly blocking our view.








I managed to get some music books off Vienna at much better prices than I would have gotten them in Singapore, which was a good deal. But the weight is..... Oh well, I think my luggage will be able to handle it. (I have 30kg)

The train from Vienna to Budapest was delayed for about 1.5hrs which lead us to reaching the camp site pretty late.

I stayed in one of the yurts in the camp, sleeping together with the rest. It was pretty cosy, other than the fact that there were many spiders in it. It was breeding, and it is still now as I am writing this post. The good thing is that we managed to each get a shelf to put our clothes/ any other thing. Also, the electricity in the room is up and running. So we do have a room light now to use and see in the dark. No more dim torch lights. Yay!

I remembered how on the first night we arrived, we were provided with a thin blanket and all of us were shivering so badly from the cold and I requested for one more blanket to keep warm as I really really do not want to fall sick.

Week 1 in camp has been alright. Life here in Budapest is so different as compared back home. Life move in a slower pace. Children here are lovely and adorable. They took a longer time to actually warm up to me as they couldn't really speak English (especially the little kids).

I have also told myself to try to learn one Hungarian word a day to be able to understand them better slowly. Also, am trying hard to get use to the food here as they usually have dessert for dinner. (Like today, porridge with chocolate powder). Lunch are all fine and good so far.

Slowly getting used to the life here and how things are run here. Made some new friends too. They were so nice in bringing us around the city area. Also, in helping us out in our daily necessities (train passes, sim cards and supermarkets)


PS. I will upload photos of the camp site when I manage to take some photos :D

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment