Melbourne 21 Dec - 7 Dec

So, I think I travelled quite a bit this year.

Well, the upcoming few trips are all impromptu. I made a pit stop to meet bun in Melbourne for a couple of days before the flight to NZ came. Ok, I kind of forgotten how to write... hmmm. So......

21 Dec 2016
I booked a midnight flight and decided that I should be able to sleep in for the 7 hours in the plane. Was even lucky enough to get an entire row to myself. But guess what happen, there were little kids and infant on the plane crying. Screaming. So therefore, I couldn't sleep well at all on the plane even though I took a flu med to help knock myself out.

Arriving in Melb, with no issue on customs, YAYYYY. Bun told me that I was very 'lucky' as the weather is getting warm. We settled for ourselves to head to grampians right away as I don't wish to overcrowd his house even more. Felt bad. So, the moment I touched down, we decided to head straight there. It was a 2-3 hours drive and I slept throughout the whole journey in the car I guess. Leaving Bun to get us there. Sorry, but I couldn't get proper rest on the plane.

Upon arriving, we checked in in a motel in halls gap and yeah, I was still restless and gone, so Bun did the cooking and we ate and I went back to sleep again. Oh ya, I don't know how and why but my eye started swelling up in the plane and the swell only went off after 2 days. So pictures on 22 Dec will be with swollen eye, looks disgusting.

22 Dec 2016
Time for a hike ! YAYY! After one day of complete rest, I finally got my energy back and we set off for grampians. We wanted to do the pinnacles on the first day but the parking was so bad that we decided to go for two other paths, first was the Mackenzie waterfall, followed by an unbeaten path which we don't really see as much people. Maybe just 1 or 2 groups. Do note that some areas are actually fenced up but we climbed over. Life at own risk !







So after Bun took me hiking around rocks where I felt like a monkey and because of that, I couldn't really take any pictures, my hands were on rocks most of the time or trying to balance myself. I managed to only get pictures after arriving on the top.


Then on our way down, we bump into an emu, blocking our path. Emu and me don't click over well. Especially after I got chased by some in Philip Island. We stood there waiting for the emu to move, then heading forward for some wild kangaroos.





Kangaroos are lazy. Really lazy that they can lie on the grass and starts nibbling. That ends day one at grampians.

23 Nov 2016

So we decided to try the Pinnacles once more as we had the whole day before heading back to his place for dinner. It drizzled here and there then came the sun and the wind. It felt nothing like summer but winter to me. We climbed over some rocks and I was quite scared of my butter feet slipping off and byebye Sherry.






With that, ended our two days in Grampians and we head over to his place to rest for a few days before the big trip came. Will follow up with the next post on South Island, New Zealand. :)


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment