Melbourne - 23June/15July 2016

Ok! Finally, time for this. Haven't gotten the chance to really sit down and go 'ok its time to write about tasmania/ melbourne' until 4 months later.

But this is basically to note down how the trip was like in every teeny weeny bit possible as far as I can remember.

So I flew off to Melbourne on 23 June 2016 to meet Bun again. It was this experience at the Tullamarine custom that turned me off sooooo much. I am not sure why I was targeted but maybe I was too blur at that moment to know about anything or recall what I should do at the airport clearing customs. Having to be sleeping almost the entire ride from Singapore to Melbourne, I woke up a little cranky as well.

So what went down that day was still fresh till this day in my head. There was a female custom officer who stopped me, and asked for my blue ticket and being clueless and lost, I just followed what she said before going to collect my luggage and of course answer her question as to why I am here in Melb.  Then came the normal inspection for illegal items into the countries.

So the same officer who seems to have been waiting for me, took me to one of those metal counter and started questioning me. Not sure if its normal or if its overboard, but she asked me quite a fair bit of questions that I have never encountered in any other country. Such as,

1. why are you here visiting (again). and I have to clarify myself again
2. how did you meet your boyfriend
3. do you have a picture of you and him (I deleted everything in my phone to make space for new pictures as I have 16GB on my iphone only)
4. after speaking to me in proper english for more than 10 min, she asked me if I understand everything on the declaration form twice.
5. after asking me if I understand, she asked me more than twice if I know my address and I was reciting the address to her by then.

I was almost of the verge of calling over to bun and get him to explain to her. Was so stupid. She then ask if I bring any items that are prohibited which I declined and I was quite irritated that I wanted to open up my luggage without her saying. Not a good start yeah. tsk.

Then, cleared custom after all the plane and custom delays and went out to look for bun. Was unhappy the whole time until the car stopped right before a full rainbow. Then tada, my day was made. All good now.


Significant events in Melbourne (after I cleared my jet lag) -

Marysville, Lake mountain - We drove down for some snow as I haven't really experience snow since when I was in Harbin in 2012. The drive to Marysville was so amazing that I had to snap some pictures.




So, after a few hours drive from his place with the amazing drive, we arrived and started gearing up for the snow. 

Me being me and watching shows since young, I always wanted to build a snowman of my own, and so we started, and ended up with an asian snowman with a lump. 
 We slide down snow slopes as well in our waterproof pants with our fat butts. Then after we got bored of it all, we started walking towards a path that was the most mad hike for me thus far. But because it was steep but because my shoes were soaking wet, and the thick snow isn't really helping. I kept complaining but luckily bun didn't get annoyed with me.






So, the view after the hike is pretty worth it yeah. We took quite while to climb it cause of my weak stamina, constantly taking breaks and also avoiding the wet puddles. 

Sound of Music musical @ Regent theatre- One of the most amazing musical that I have watched thus far. Thanks for the awesome birthday present ! :) 
We even went to watch the entire movie once more to refresh our memories before watching the musical. Got reminded of my time in Salzburg, Austria while watching. So much memories. 

Futsal - Oh, was my first time watching bun at futsal. For both times that I went there with him, was the amount of time I got hit by the ball. I felt like I was playing dodge ball by myself while sitting at the benches. I did not even dare to use my phone for fear that the ball will hit me. But it was fun watching the boys play futsal. 

East Warburton, Redwood - This place was so filled with nature that my shoes was filled with so much nature as well. I never understood why my shoes are always muddy and bun's shoes are always clean. It gets to me sometimes. Maybe I was too much like an elephant for the mud to hit my shoes. 

Other than that, that place was really nice and fresh. The air was so fresh, and because of the forest, it was much more chillier than expected compared to the other places that we have visited. But it was all worth it once the walk began and all the healing starts for the eyes. 














So, conclusion from this post, I think I am a super big fan of Jurassic Park. (if you are tell from the pictures). Every picture I took, reminds me of dinosaurs. Well, of course not the one in snow. 

Will write about Tassie after. :) 






Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment