Salzburg

Salzburg

I am writing this while taking the train to Hallstatt, just like how I typed the one in Munich. Salzburg has been nothing but amazing. I am so so so glad that we made a stop there. I will never ever ever forever that breathtaking view that I can to see, two layers of clouds above. With many hills, just for a pretty view of the Alps. How can anyone not enjoy that scenery? I am still getting goosebumps while typing this.

We stayed at a place which I have booked wrongly (Ante Portas), and it’s a delightful stay. It was an apartment that has everything that we could ever ask for. Although the location of the apartment was slightly hard to locate. It is a nice place to stay in. Not ever kidding. As compared to the many other locations that I stayed in.

On the first day, upon arrival at Salzburg Hbf, we went into the supermarket to purchase all the necessities with our luggage. Pretty epic thinking about it. We even shook the bottle to confirm that it’s not carbonated. But… we were wrong. Everyone got 3 litres of water to drink and I really don’t know how we survive it. (I still have that water in my bottle; still have to keep myself hydrated yeah?) Head out to the Fortress of Salzburg (HohenSalzburg) which we had to take the funicular and the view was already magnificent. Everyone looked so happy taking photos up there and selfies and enjoyed the weather under 12 degrees. Summer in Europe is so different from Singapore/ Asia. I am really enjoying the weather here in Europe. We went to the St Peters church and the cemetery. It was unexpected that we walked in by accident but it was really pretty with the flowers planted.

We got so high after the view and started singing crazily while on the streets and an Egyptian guy came forward asking if we know English. Miching answered and we got a scare from him. We walked another direction while he continue cursing and swearing somewhere around us. We then went to watch the Sound of Music Show. The singers were good. But, I honestly expected more and not just thrown at the back just cause we didn’t go for the dinner.

Second day came and we went up to Untersberg. It was the best thing that ever happen. The view is so breath-taking that I cannot even control myself. It was so awesome. I got to see the Alps with my very own eyes, climbing super steep slopes just for a perfect view. I really thought I went insane for a moment doing that and I will do that again given a second chance. Miching and I were laughing and saying how we should come here for a double date in the future. It was pretty hilarious, the things that we said in the video. I will upload it when I get the time to do so as I am always on the move now and can’t really post much. Basically on the second day, this was the highlight and yes there were still some ice on the mountain and the sun was too close, causing my sunburn. From my face to my hand. (Now that I remember, I forgot my sunblock again). After we took the cable car down (after staying up there for 4 hours), we went to had an simple lunch in a bakery and went to Mozarts’s birth place. Although I didn’t get to go to the museum, I felt like there was just too much for me to take in. I am in awe. I am really jealous of the people that lives in Salzburg.

When we were back to our apartment, Miching mention that we should go again after we settle down in Budapest. Travel to Salzburg again for that view, and hike even more. (Of course, with the right footwear and the proper attire). Hopefully we will get the chance to do so. Before we part ways in Budapest.

Oh, we made breakfast with croissant stuffed with ham and cheese with vegetable. Everyone was deprived from vegetables. (Except for Amanda) It was the best breakfast all of us have had in this trip so far. (One of the cheapest too).

On the side note, Austrians aren’t as friendly as Germans, in fact, fiercer. Not as patient. I wonder if it’s the culture here. Anyway, I should be reaching soon to Hallstatt. Hopefully, my sunburn recovers real quickly as I look like the baboon’s butt right now.



P.S. I cant wait for the view in the lake in Hallstatt and the view from the top again. Let’s pray hard that the weather will be good. J   








Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment